The BS EN 15038 is a European standard for companies within the translation industry, which covers the essential processes for providing a translation service. It establishes and defines the translator, their technical resource and quality of service. Its aim is to outline the service a client will receive within a recognised set of procedures that are carried out to best practice. It defines the aspects of:
- Commissioning work and translation
- Proofreading and review
- Contractual requirement and project management
- Traceability of the translation process
- Overall quality management of the service
Why the BS EN 15038 Certification?
The BS EN 15038 standard compiles terminology used in the translation field by creating a standard structure for translation services. It simplifies the interaction between the client and the translator in terms of their contractual needs.
Benefits for our customers:
- Increased customer confidence and reassurance for our prospective clients that we follow a recognised specialist standard while taking care of their translation requirements.
- Assurance that we employ appropriately qualified staff – our interpreters and translators are qualified to carry out tasks in a professional and effective manner in compliance with the latest industry standards.
Benefits for Tongue Tied:
- Ability to prove our company’s capability to provide a quality service through a fully traceable system, ensuring case files are fully backed up and retrievable, and that important work is not lost.
- Increased client base, as we are able to tender for contracts that require a recognised management system.
- Assurance that client cases are managed, coordinated and scrutinised for accuracy by a qualified case manager, and suitably reviewed by a qualified colleague prior to finalisation – eliminating the margin for error and / or customer complaints.