Translation Project Management
At Tongue Tied we aim to make the translation process as clear and straightforward for you as possible.
Step 1: Enquiry/Quotation
To provide you with a quote, we need the following information:
- Source language
- Target language(s)
- Word count
If you email us the file to be translated, we just need the target language(s) and the requested deadline.
If possible, it is always best to forward us the actual files to be translated in their original formats, so that our software can scan them for repeated text. By removing the repeated text, the overall word count is reduced and this can dramatically reduce the overall price of the translation!
Once we have received the above, we will send you a no obligation quote with a breakdown of figures including any discounts, as well as the estimated turnaround time.
Step 2: Placing your Order
If you’re satisfied with the quote we have provided, please do the following:
- Approve your order by email
- Make us aware of any reference or purchase order number you would like to appear on the invoice
- If possible, let us know the intended use of the document
- Inform us of any previous translations and related websites or marketing material
This means that our translators will have a good idea of the style of document you’re after. It also ensures that we produce a first class translation that is in line with other materials your company uses.
Step 3: The Translation Process
Once you confirm your order, we will immediately assign your project to a suitable translator who will:
- Have industry experience in the relevant field
- Be able to work with the required language combination(s)
- Live in the country that your document or campaign is intended for (if necessary)
If you have any further questions at this stage, we are always on hand and happy to help.
Please also note the following:
- During the translation process, we will contact you if the translator has any queries about the source text. We encourage dialogue between our translators and our customers, as we know that professional translators prefer to ask questions rather than just guess!
- We do not offer different delivery packages as all of our translations are equally important to us, whether you are a one-man company or your organisation provides work for more than 50,000 people.
- We also do not compromise on quality – ever. Regardless of whether you ask us to translate your marketing campaign, or just a paragraph for a business letter, you will always receive an immaculate service.
Step 4: Delivery
Once we receive the completed proofread translation, we will forward the document to you in the format you requested.
Your opinion is very important to us and we are always open to hearing ways that we could improve! Once you have received your translation, we would therefore be grateful if you could provide us with any suggestions or feedback regarding any aspect of our service.
For more information and some helpful tips on planning your translation project, click here.